Caring for your jewellery
- When you're not wearing your jewellery you should keep it in a safe and secure place, like your bedroom.
- Jewellery boxes are a great place to keep your jewellery, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Do not keep your jewellery in the bathroom because all of the moisture from your shower and sink will make the sterling silver pieces tarnish extra quickly.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products e.g. soap, perfume, abrasive products.
- Do not wear jewellery when in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering.
- Do no wear jewellery when in contact with chlorine, detergents, oils, moisturizers & perfumes as these can all cause tarnishing and damage.
- Remove jewellery when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewellery.
- Gently wipe jewellery clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage, don’t yank or pull chains.
You should treat your jewellery like any other wardrobe item.
Clothes and shoes must be maintained ei. washed, new soles, cleaned, repaired etc. The same goes for jewellery.
The gold plating must get a new gold layer on when needed, and it is advised to check locks and clasps for firmness.